4. Your Seven Energy Centers (6 to 10) – Lesson 4
The Solar Plexus Energy Center
Overview of Lesson 4 for Children Ages 6 to 10
OVERVIEW OF LESSON: Children will be learning about the solar-plexus energy center. The key concepts for this lesson are:
- The solar plexus is where we can be in charge of our feelings.
- The key word for the solar-plexus energy center is peace.
- Whenever we get upset, the best thing to do is to find a quiet place and try to calm down.
- There is a special prayer we can learn to surround ourselves with light.
- God wants us to grow strong and healthy and to help others.
- When we use God’s energy with kindness and love, it goes up into our causal body and it lasts forever as light.
- When we use God’s energy wisely, God gives us more.
SUGGESTED MUSIC: Music featuring the organ corresponds to the solar plexus.
- “Koraalbewerking: Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ;” by J.S. Bach W.P. Verheul
- (Koos Bons bespeelt het orgel van de Immanuelkerk te Maassluis, Arts Music Recording)
- Other J.S Bach organ pieces.
BOOK CHAPTERS: This lesson is taken from the chapter, “Third Energy Center: Solar Plexus.”
- Solar plexus coloring sheet (included at the end of this lesson for your child to color, cut out and place on the outline of his body)
- Crayons and colored pencils
- Non-toxic glue
- Paint and brushes if desired
- Shoe box or any other small box with a lid for your child to color and decorate as a treasure box
- Glitter, miscellaneous beads, feathers, ribbons, etc. for decorating treasure chest
Solar Plexus Energy Center
Lesson – Part 1
Today we are going to talk about feelings. Sometimes we feel sad. Sometimes we feel happy. We feel disappointment when things do not turn out as we expected. We feel excited when a friend comes to visit.
Another word for feelings is emotions. The word EMOTION (e-motion) means “energy in motion.” We feel our emotions in our belly. Have you ever been mad or afraid and felt like there were butterflies flying around in your tummy? That feeling is the solar-plexus energy center when it is disturbed.
The solar plexus is the place of peace in our body. Our solar plexus stays calm like the surface of a pond when we are happy and helpful. When we feel anger and fear, the calm and peace of our solar plexus is disturbed. These negative emotions are like a storm causing waves and choppy water on the pond.
We can learn to master our feelings so that even when things are going wrong around us we still can stay calm. Whenever we get upset, the best thing to do is to find a quiet place and try to calm down. It helps to take a few deep breaths and count to nine so we stop and give ourselves time to think about it before we say anything mean or hit anyone. Let’s try it. (Breathe deeply three times with the children. Then count to nine.)
The key word for the solar-plexus energy center is PEACE. A good way to keep peace is by prayers and decrees. There is a special prayer that we can say each day that surrounds us with God’s light. It is called the Tube of Light decree. When we say this prayer, it helps to visualize the light coming down around us, like we see it in the Chart of Your Divine Self. Let’s try it.
Beloved I AM Presence bright,
Round me seal your tube of light.
From ascended master flame,
Called forth now in God’s own name.
Let it keep my temple free
From all discord sent to me.
I AM calling forth violet fire,
To blaze and transmute all desire.
Keeping on in freedom’s name
‘Till I AM one with the violet flame!
Your solar plexus is located in your body
right beneath your belly button.
It is a beautiful energy center, purple and gold
with little sparkles of ruby in it.
Let’s count the petals.
(It has 10 petals.)
Activity 1: Color a Solar Plexus Energy Center
Pass out the solar-plexus energy center coloring sheet
for children to color, cut and glue to their body outline.
Lesson – Part 2
Do you know what God wants us to do with the energy he gives us each day? He wants us to grow strong and healthy and to help others. You may grow up be a doctor or a nurse, a truck driver or a teacher. You may become a cook or an artist or a policeman or a builder. You may be a father or mother, or a scientist that discovers a medicine that helps millions of people. Whatever it is you want to do and be in this life, God wants you to do it for others as well as for yourself. This is called service.
What are some ways you can be of service to others? (Allow time for discussion. Consider ways for the entire family to share in some kind of service to others. See the Service Manual.)
Every moment of every day, God pours his light energy into your energy centers. You decide how to use it. When you use God’s energy with kindness and love, it goes up into our Causal Body and it lasts forever as light. When you use it in hurtful ways, it stays with you as energy that some day you have to change.
Let’s take a look at the Chart of Your Divine Self again, so we can find the causal body.
Do you remember when we talked about the Chart of Your Divine Self? At the top of the chart is your Mighty I AM Presence, surrounded by beautiful colored spheres that look like rings. The spheres of light are your causal body. All of God’s energy you have ever used in love and service is stored in your causal body for all time. That is why your causal body is called your “treasure house in heaven.”
Each person’s causal body looks a little bit different, because each person has different and unique abilities. Each color of the causal body represents a different quality of God’s energy. For example white, the color of the base-of-the-spine chakra represents purity. Violet, the color of the seal-of-the-soul chakra represents freedom. Purple and gold, in the solar-plexus chakra,is for peace and service.
Activity 2: Treasure Chest
Make a treasure chest.
Color or paint the shoe box then decorate it
with whatever you have available, such as glitter, beads and feathers.
So I want you to think about how you use the solar plexus energy God gives you every day. Do you try to be cheerful and helpful? Do you find ways to help others? When you wake up in the morning, you can say:
“Here I AM, God!
You have made me. Use me!
Use my mind and my heart
and my soul and all of my energy centers
to show everyone
I meet your love and your light.”
Activity 3: Review Activities
Questions for an energy center quiz. Children love to be quizzed, because they love to show you that they know the answers. Fun repetition of simple games leads to mastery of knowledge. If your child is a reader, let him ask you the questions first. This is a powerful way to review the facts before he takes his turn.
- Another word for emotions is feelings. (Is this true or false?)
- Which energy helps you learn to control your emotions? (Solar- plexus energy center)
- What is one quality of your solar-plexus energy center ? (Peace)
- What energy center connects your body to your soul? (Seat-of-the-soul energy center)
- What color is the solar-plexus energy center? (Purple and gold)
- What is your Treasure House in heaven? (Your causal body)