7. Your Seven Energy Centers (6 to 10) – Lesson 7
The Third Eye Energy Center
Overview of Lesson 7 for Children 6 to 10
This lesson is going to introduce children to the energy center at the third eye the green chakra.
- The third eye is the energy center of divine vision.
- The key word for this center is vision.
- When we focus our attention on something, we become more like it.
- Our Mighty I AM Presence is the most important part of us.
- We can learn to pay more attention to our God self by using our third eye in meditations and visualizations.
- When we see someone with problems, we can ask God to help us see their Mighty I AM Presence and Holy Christ Self above them, rather than the naughty things they may be doing. That is called “Holding the immaculate concept.”
SUGGESTED MUSIC: The musical instrument corresponding to the third eye is the piano. Specific suggestions:
- No. 8 in F-Sharp Minor (Frederic Chopin: 24 Preludes, Op. 28 / Nocturnes, Op. 62, Hung-Kuan Chen, Piano; MusicMasters)
- Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini (Rachmaninoff: Piano Concertos No. 1 & 4 / Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini, Philippe Entremont, piano; Essential Classics)
CHAPTER: This lesson is taken from the chapter, “Sixth Energy Center: The Third Eye.”
- Coloring sheet of the third eye energy center (included at the end of this lesson for your child to color, cut out and place on the outline of his body)
- Crayons and colored pencils
- Non-toxic glue
- Make a Chart of Your Divine Self jigsaw puzzle. Order a copy of the Chart of Your Divine Self from the www.TSL.org bookstore. Laminate it and cut it into three pieces, the Mighty I AM Presence with the rings of the causal body of light at the top, the Holy Christ Self in the center and the soul in the violet flame at the bottom. (If desired, you can cut each ring of the causal body as a separate piece.)
- Slips of paper and a pen to write labels for puzzle pieces.
Third Eye Energy Center Lesson
Today we are going to talk about one of the most interesting energy centers – the third eye. We all know about our two eyes, but if you had a third eye, where do you think it might be?
The third eye is right in the middle of your forehead between your eyebrows. It is a brilliant green and it has so many petals we cannot easily count them! It actually has 96, almost 100 petals. The more petals an energy center has, the higher the vibration of light it carries. We can’t see the third eye because it is not visible using our physical eyes.
The third eye is Gods eye, your ‘I AM eye’, looking through you. It is like the inner eye of your mind. It helps you to see what is real, and helps you get special, unique ideas from Gods heart that he wants you to know about.
The key word for this energy center is vision. When we look at something and focus our attention on it, we become more like it. We want to learn to pay attention to God every day; in fact many times every day. When we are able to think of God and see him with our third eye energy center, we can become more like him. Did you know that? So how can we learn to see God?
We can look at this beautiful chart the Chart of Your Divine Self. This shows us the image of God in us — each one of us individually.
We can say the prayer,
I AM That I AM.
Lets say it together 3 times.
We can also say the prayer for the tube of light to form around us. As we say it, try to see with your third eye, the light flowing like a waterfall down from your Mighty I AM Presence and forming this mighty tube of light all around you.
Lets say it together:
Beloved I AM Presence bright,
Round me seal your tube of light.
From ascended master flame
Called forth now in Gods own name.
Let it keep my temple free
From all discord sent to me.
I AM calling forth violet fire,
To blaze and transmute all desire.
Keeping on in freedoms name
Till I am one with the violet flame.
Our Mighty I AM Presence is the most important part of us. To help us pay attention to it so we can see it in our minds eye and learn about all its parts, we are going to play a game with it.
Activity 1: Puzzle of the Chart of the Presence
To teach the vocabulary of the parts of the Chart of Your Divine Self we are going to use a lesson pattern Maria Montessori called the Three Period Lesson. (It is a simple pattern you can use to teach your child anything.)
1st Period – This is. Say the name of each part and have the child repeat it.
2nd Period – Show me. Ask the child to show you or give you one of the objects
or puzzle pieces. You give the name, he gives you the piece.
3rd Period – What is this? Point to one of the items and ask the child to identify it.
Show the chart as a whole. Now we are going to separate all of its parts and name them. As you remove the major parts, say their names and ask the child to repeat them.
- This is the Mighty I AM Presence and Causal Body.
- This is the Beloved Holy Christ Self.
- This is the soul in the Tube of Light and Violet Flame.
Proceed to the second and third periods.
- Mix the puzzle pieces and place them back into the whole. Say the name of each piece as child puts them back.
- Make written labels for child to read and match to the puzzle parts.
Activity 2: Visualizing
You can learn to pay more attention to your third eye by doing meditations with visualization. Lets give it a try. I want you to close your eyes, take a deep breath and try to see your third eye center, right between your two eyes. See it filled with the most beautiful, brilliant, pulsing emerald green you can imagine.
There is a prayer we can say as we visualize this emerald green light.
I AM, I AM beholding all,
Mine eye is single as I call:
Raise me now and set me free,
Thy holy image now to be.
Once your child can see the brilliant green in the third eye, he is ready to visualize whatever he would like to see happen in his life.
Activity 3: Practice Visualizing and Use Your Imagination
Ask your child to relax and get comfortable. Take a couple of deep breaths together and then read the following text to your child. We are going to go on an imaginary trip to a beautiful island made of jewels.
First we will invoke the Mighty I AM Presence and Holy Christ Self to protect us as we journey in our consciousness.
Visualize this as I describe it. Think of a beautiful island in the middle of a beautiful blue-green sea. The waves are lapping up on the beach and there are palm trees all along the edge of the sand. The rocks along the shore are shimmering blues and greens and yellows. Each rock is a jewel. Imagine that the trees on the island have pink flowers and there are multi-colored birds everywhere. You are lying in the sand and you can feel the warm sun on your face. You are warm and comfortable.
Now think about what you want to do next play in the surf, build a sand castle, play with a beach ball, collect shells or just lie there and enjoy the sun. Visualize what you are doing.
Give the child as long as he remains focused to extend the visualization. Neither of you need to speak after you finish reading the text.
Activity 4: Holding the Immaculate Concept
There is something else very special that you can do with your third eye. When you see people with problems, you can ask God to help you see the Mighty I AM Presence and Holy Christ Self above them, rather than the naughty things they may be doing. That is called “holding the immaculate concept.” Immaculate means pure. God holds this concept for you and you can learn to hold it for yourself and for others around you.
A great German author by the name of Goethe explained that if we treat people the way they are, they will never improve. If we treat them the way you would like them to be, you do help make them better.
Think about something you don’t like about yourself. Now think about what would make you like that part of yourself. See it in your mind’s eye. Every time you start to think about what you don’t like, replace it with what you do like.
Activity 5: Color your third-eye energy center
Activity 6: Question Cards - Review Activity
Here are some questions for a quiz on the energy centers. They are designed so you can cut them out and begin to build a deck of question cards. You may want to print them and mount them on 3” x 5” index cards for long-term use. As you study each energy center, add the new cards to your deck. It gets more fun!
Children love to be quizzed, because they love to show you that they know the answers. Fun repetition of simple games leads to mastery of knowledge. If your child is a reader, let him ask you the questions first. This is a powerful way to review the facts before he takes his turn.
*Cards marked with # 6 are quiz cards for the third eye energy center. With each new energy center lesson, your child can add the new question cards to the deck.