8. Your Seven Energy Centers – Lesson 8
The Crown Energy Center
Overview of Lesson 8 for Children Ages 3 to 6
This lesson is going to introduce children to the energy center at the crown, the yellow chakra.
- The key word for the energy center in the crown is wisdom wisdom is when we think thoughts like the ones in Gods mind.
- When our crown center opens, we hold the key to the incarnation of God.
- The light from God that is focused in the crown is the energy of the Divine Father.
- The open crown chakra is why we often see halos around pictures of saints.
- It is good to be quiet sometimes, especially when you are out in nature.
- We can use decrees to keep us safe and protected.
SUGGESTED MUSIC: The instruments corresponding to the crown are the strings, including the violin, viola, cello and basses. The Russian balalaika and the Japanese koto are also stringed instruments.
- Allegro ma non troppo (Beethoven Violin Concerto,Pinchas Zukerman, violin; RCA Victor)
- Massenet: Meditation, from Thais (Meditation: Classical Relaxation, Vol. 2; LaserLight)
CHAPTER: This lesson is taken from the chapter, “Seventh Energy Center: The Crown.”
- Coloring sheet of the heart energy center (included at the end of this lesson for your child to color, cut out and place on the outline of his body)
- Crayons and colored pencils
- Non-toxic glue
- Pattern (included in lessons) and mock jewels for making and decorating a crown
- Gold glitter
Crown Energy Center Lesson
Today we are going to find out about the energy center called the crown. The crown is where we receive and experience wisdom and enlightenment from God. Many pictures of Jesus and other great masters and angels show a halo around the head. This halo represents the opened crown center.
The open crown chakra is why we see a flame on the head of the Buddha in many pictures and statues of him.
One time people asked the Buddha who he was. He said, I am awake. Because his crown chakra was open, he had divine wisdom and was awake to who he really was his Mighty I AM Presence. If you look at the Mighty I AM Presence in the top of the chart, you can see that all around the head is the rings of the Causal Body like a halo.
When the energy rises from the base of your spine all of the up through the other energy centers into your crown, you experience the illumination of the mind of God and the compassion of the heart of God, making you want to share the wisdom you have learned.
What Is A Crown?
You know what a crown is, right? Who wears one? Kings and queens wear crowns. The original idea of kings and queens was that they were anointed by God to rule over their people with kindness and justice, because of their connection to God.
When your crown chakra opens, your energy has risen all of the way up from the base of the spine. This is like the mother God of the energies of the base of the spine coming together with the father God in the crown and when they meet there is a great celebration. When the father-mother God energies are united inside of you, you are crowned king of light. You are the master of yourself.
When your crown chakra is fully open, you are like the king or queen, ruling all of your own energies.
Where do we wear a crown? We wear a crown on the top of our head. Our crown chakra is right at the top of our head, and it opens up with almost 1,000 petals! What color is it? The crown is brilliant yellow.
Activity 1: Make a Crown
Provide a crown pattern with yellow or gold paint or crayons, gold glitter and mock jewels to glue on. (You can use the pattern included here.)
The key word for the energy center at the crown is wisdom and that means when we think the thoughts like the ones in Gods mind. When we are in school we learn many things, but it is when we learn about God and feel the light shining in our mind with Gods ideas, that we are really learning wisdom. To get the ideas of God, sometimes we have to learn to be still and quiet.
Activity 2: The Silence Game
‘Lets try a game called the Silence Game. (Try this only if you feel it will succeed with your child or your group. Dont be afraid to give it a try if you think it MIGHT succeed, you may be surprised how many children take to it.)
Have your child sit on the floor with legs crossed we sometimes say Criss-cross applesauce as a reminder of how to sit. Give the following directions in a quiet, soothing voice.
- Now we are going to see if we can make silence. First lets get comfortable and see if we can make our legs and feel very still and quiet.
- Now, lets put our hands in our laps and see if we can make them be very still and quiet.
- Now, lets see if we can make our tongues be very still and not make a sound!
Wait a moment as you and your child quiet down. Lower your voice still more.
- I want you to listen very carefully and see if there are things you don’t usually hear. Stay very still and quiet. Don’t make a peep.
Pause for a few moments, as long as you feel you can. You can stop at this point or go on to the next brief section.
When you sense stirring about to begin, say,
- Now, I am going to call you by name, very quietly. As soon as you hear your name, you can quietly get up and come to sit by me.
When it is over, congratulate your child on making silence. Ask what she heard. You might make a comment about what you heard to get her started. Discuss as long as your child is interested.
Activity 3: Color Crown Chakra
Color and mount the crown chakras to color and mount.
Give your child time to complete their chakra person
if there are any pieces missing or if your child wants to decorate her project.
Activity 4: Review of Energy Centers
Once the childs energy center is complete, help him or her put it up on a wall in a place of honor in your home, in the kitchen or in a bedroom. Since this is the last session about the seven energy centers, ask if your child can tell you something about each chakra. Begin with the base of the spine and go up to the crown.
Activity 5: I AM Decrees
Let us give some prayers, to seal ourselves and our energy centers in light.
Prayer to Archangel Michael This is a special prayer we can give every day to ask the beautiful blue angel of protection to always stay with us and keep us safe:
Lord Michael before,
Lord Michael behind,
Lord Michael to the right,
Lord Michael to the left,
Lord Michael above,
Lord Michael below,
Lord Michael, Lord Michael, wherever I go!
I AM his love protecting here (3X).
Beloved I AM Presence bright,
Round me seal your tube of light.
From ascended master flame,
Called forth now in Gods own name.
Let it keep my temple free
From all discord sent to me.
I AM calling forth violet fire,
To blaze and transmute all desire.
Keeping on in freedoms name
Till I AM one with the violet flame!
Violet Fire Decree
I am a being of violet fire,
I am the purity God desires!
We can give these decrees every day for the rest of our lives!