3. Your Seven Energy Centers – Lesson 3
The Seat of the Soul Energy Center
Overview of Lesson 3 for Children Ages 3 to 6
KEY CONCEPTS: The child will be learning about the seat-of-the-soul energy center, and how it contains our unique identity.
- The key word or quality for the seat-of-the-soul energy center is FREEDOM.
- When God made you he gave you a very special plan for your life, sometimes called your soul pattern.
- God has given you some very special gifts or virtues that you can share with others.
- All of God’s gifts will support you in your career and mission when you grow up.
- Each one of us decides how to use the energy that God gives us.
- No. 1 in A Major (Telemann: Twelve Fantasias for Flute Solo, Jean-Pierre Rampal, flute; Denon)
- Planxty Burke/Planxty Drew (Celtic Treasure: The Legacy of Turlough O’Carolan , Narada Collection Series)
CHAPTER: This lesson is taken from the first chapter “Second Energy Center: The Seat of the Soul.”
SUPPLEMENTAL REFERENCE: The Little Me and the Great Me, by Lou Austin. (Wonderful resource, usually available at Amazon.com)
- Coloring sheet of the energy center (included at the end of this lesson for your child to color, cut out and place on the outline of his body that was traced in Lesson 1)
- Crayons and colored pencils
- Non-toxic glue
- Thin watercolor paint or washable ink
Seat of the Soul Chakra
What color is it?
(Pause so child can respond.)
Yes, the seat of the soul
Let’s count the number of petals (Pause so child can respond.) Yes, six!
The key word or quality for this energy center is FREEDOM. Located a little below your belly button, it is the energy center where your soul is connected to your body.
Activity 1: Find the Balance
Find the point of balance in your body. Stand on one foot,
holding the other knee up as a crane does.
Feel the point of strength and balance in your body.
When God created you, he made you very special. No one else is just like you. God created a special plan for you which will guide you all your life. We call this plan our soul pattern.
Did you know that there is no one else in the entire universe with the exact same soul pattern as you have? It is like fingerprints, no two people have the same fingerprints either. Let’s see for ourselves.
Activity 2: Fingerprints
We will each dip our thumb into thin watercolor paint or washable ink,
and then press it on a piece of paper and look at the print.
We will see if our fingerprints look exactly the same.
You Are Special
Do you know how special you are to God? You are very special, not like any other person. Even if you are a twin, you are not exactly like the other person. That means you have some very special gifts that God has given only to you.
God wants you to share these gifts or virtues with others. Can you think of a gift or virtue that God has given you to share with others? Is it kindness? Do you spread love? Are you joyful? Are you helpful to your family and friends? While you are thinking, I will share one way I have shared the special gifts God has given me. (It is important to model your own spirituality to your children. You are their role model. After you speak, pause and let your child respond.)
We can share with each other every day the gifts that God gave to us. All of the virtues and talents that God gave you make you special–one of a kind. These gifts support you in your career and mission when you grow up.
Every minute of every day, God’s energy from your Mighty I AM Presence comes to you through the crystal cord, and into your heart energy center and then to the other energy centers. You choose how you use God’s energy – by being loving and kind or by being unkind and selfish. Each one of us decides how to use the energy that God gives us in our energy centers.
Sometimes we are naughty and do things we are sorry for afterwards.
There is a prayer to give when we are sorry and we want God to forgive us for doing something wrong. When we give this prayer, we want to visualize the violet light all around us. (Show the Chart of Your Divine Self and point to lower figure.)
This is you, your soul, standing in the violet light. You can see yourself like this surrounded in violet light when you give this prayer.
Prayer for Forgiveness
I AM forgiveness acting here
Casting out all doubt and fear,
Setting men forever free,
With wings of cosmic victory!
I AM calling forth violet fire,
To blaze and transmute all desire.
Keeping on in freedom’s name,
‘Till I AM one with the violet flame.
Let’s say another little violet flame prayer together. While we say this, we can close our eyes and see the flame in our heart and in our seat-of-the-soul energy center that makes our soul feel very happy.
I AM a being of violet fire,
I AM the purity God desires.
(Let’s say it together three
times or nine times.)
This simple little prayer can help us get rid of things that make us feel sad or mad. This prayer brings more of God’s light into our energy center, especially the seat-of-the-soul energy center.
Activity 3: Seat of the Soul Chakra
Draw, paint or color the seat of the soul energy center and cut out and mount on your body outline.
Activity 4: Review Questions
Here are some questions for an energy center quiz. Children love to be quizzed, because they love to show you that they know the answers. Through fun repetition of simple games comes mastery of knowledge. If your child is a reader, let him ask you the questions first. This is a powerful way to review the facts before he takes his turn.
- Does anyone else have the same fingerprints as you? (No)
- Does anyone else have the same plan or soul pattern as you? (No)
- Who has given you this special soul pattern? (God)
- What energy center connects your body to your soul? (Seat-of-the-soul energy center.)
- What color is the seat-of-the-soul energy center? (Violet.)
- What should you do when you hurt someone? (Ask God to forgive you and say I am sorry to the person that you hurt.)
- What color is the flame we visualize when you ask for forgiveness? (Violet.)
Today, we have talked about how God created you and gave you a very special plan, or soul pattern that no one else on earth has . God loves you and sends light and energy to your energy centers. The seat of the soul is the place where your soul is connected to your body.
We have to try each day to use God’s energy in loving ways. When we forget to do the right thing or even when we are upset and deliberately do the wrong thing, we can always pray to God for forgiveness. We can always invoke the violet light and see it all around us. It is God’s powerful cleanser. God is always ready to forgive us when we are sorry for what we have done.